The Straub family (Pieter Straub, Anna Maria Straub, & children Jacob & Pieter Straub) traveled from:
- Großgartach to the nearby Heilbronn (approx. 6 km)
- Heilbronn to Rotterdam, Holland (on a ship up the Rhine River, probably took 4 to 6 weeks)
- Rotterdam (stayed for a few weeks and left 24 June 1733) to Plymouth, England (arrived 12 July 1733)
- Plymouth to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (arrived 18th OR 29th Sept 1733)
- Lived in various places including Freeburg (originally "Straubstown") and New Hanover, PA.
- by 1746 migrated to Maryland
- by 1772 migrated with his family (including son Philip Stroup) to Tryon County, North Carolina (now Lincoln County, NC)